- As a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI), CI Investments believes that responsible investing plays a role in achieving the best possible risk-adjusted returns for our funds.
- CI Investments is an Associate Member of the Responsible Investment Association (RIA), Canada's membership association for responsible investment.
- CI Investments has a formal Responsible Investment Policy that addresses the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into its decision-making process. While CI Investments does not normally exclude specific sectors or companies from investment, there are a few exceptions. In recognition of the prohibitions contained within the United Nations Anti-Personnel Landmines Convention and the United Nations Convention on Cluster Munitions, CI Investments will not knowingly directly invest in companies associated with the production, use or distribution of such weapons.
- CI Investments' in-house portfolio management teams, which include Signature Global Asset Management, Cambridge Global Asset Management, Harbour Advisors, and CI Multi-Asset Management, are integrating ESG factors into their investment processes with the support of a dedicated in-house Responsible Investment Team.
- Responsible Investment Policy
- Investment Exclusions
- Minimum ESG Ranking Criteria
- Third-Party ESG Data
- Dedicated Responsible Investment Team
Step 1: In-house portfolio managers have continual access to third-party ESG data.
Step 2: Investment exclusions list provided to in-house portfolio managers & external sub-advisors on an ongoing basis.
Step 3: In-house portfolio managers provided with customized ESG screens of portfolios with flagged holdings on an ongoing basis by CI’s Responsible Investing Team.
Step 4: In-house portfolio managers review flagged holdings and document findings.
Step 5: Ongoing monitoring by CI’s compliance department
Signatory to the UNPRI
The United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI) is the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment. It encourages investors to use responsible investment to enhance returns and better manage risks.
Associate Member of the RIA
The Responsible Investment Association (RIA) is Canada’s membership association for responsible investment. RIA members believe that the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into the selection and management of investments can provide superior risk-adjusted returns while contributing to positive societal change.