Munro Partners’ Founding Partner and Chief Investment Officer, Nick Griffin, discusses the team’s investment philosophy and growth approach, revolving around absolute returns and risk management.
Hedge fund strategies now in an ETF and mutual fund structure
Liquid alternatives bridge the gap between traditional mutual funds/ETFs and hedge funds, bringing together the best elements of both worlds.
The democratization of an effective portfolio tool
- Easy to add to your portfolio (prospectus-qualified)
- Low minimum investment requirement starting at $500
- Low-cost way to access the investment flexibility traditionally only found in hedge funds
- Investment strategies uncorrelated to stock and bond markets
- Solutions to diversify and potentially enhance portfolio outcomes
Strategies to complement and enhance
CI currently offers four distinct strategies, each carefully designed to provide diversification benefits within your portfolio. Each fund is overseen by talented and highly experienced alternative investment managers.
Corporate bond mandate with an investment grade bias seeking to profit from inefficiencies and mispricings through the use of alternative credit trading strategies.
- Targets positive absolute returns and volatility minimization
- Focus on capital preservation
- Active and technical trading across global credit markets
- Low correlation to fixed income
- Low sensitivity to interest rate and currency movements
Flexible, “go anywhere” fixed income mandate seeking to profit through all phases of a market cycle.
- Targets positive absolute returns over a market cycle
- Returns that are not dependent on market directionality
- Low volatility
- Broad exposure to a variety of fixed income instruments
- Tactical interest rate and credit risk management
Enhanced fixed income mandate providing an attractive yield while maintaining a strong focus on risk management.
- Seeking highest return opportunities for the lowest amount of risk over a market cycle
- Targets low volatility and a low correlation to equity and traditional income
- Invests primarily in debt instruments across the credit spectrum, as well as cash or cash equivalents
- A combination of top-down macroeconomic analysis and a bottom-up security level analysis
Global growth mandate identifying, and profiting from, companies primed to be the winners and losers from structural and thematic changes in our world today.
- Targets meaningful, risk-adjusted, absolute returns
- High-conviction, concentrated positioning
- Capital preservation
- The ability to profit in rising and falling markets
- A strong complement to existing fixed income or value-oriented equity exposure
Fitting into your existing asset allocation
It’s important to understand that liquid alternatives are not a new asset class, but rather a new type of investment strategy. Because liquid alternatives typically aim to add diversification benefits to portfolios, they can be used alongside existing positions as complementary funds. When combined effectively, liquid alternatives can help reduce portfolio volatility and potentially enhance returns.
The Result – A Better Equipped, All-Market Portfolio
When it comes to sophisticated investment types, experience matters
Liquid alternatives call for managers with the knowledge, expertise and tools at their disposal to implement the sophisticated strategies required to enhance your portfolio. At CI, we’ve partnered with highly respected and specialized managers who have, based on their track record, navigated various market cycles for high net worth and institutional clients around the world.
Lawrence Park Asset Management
Alternative credit manager focused on generating fixed income alpha through an active and technical approach to global investment grade credit trading.
Marret Asset Management
Alternative asset manager specializing in global fixed income and active duration management.
Global absolute return manager focused on identifying growth equities primed to benefit from structural and thematic changes in our world today.
Learn more about CI Liquid Alternatives
Your Guide to Liquid Alternatives
A complete education guide to help you better understand liquid alternatives, how they differ from traditional mutual funds and how they can benefit your portfolio.
At a Glance
A quick run-down of what aspects make liquid alts unique.
Quick Reference Guide
Side-by-side comparison of fund-specific descriptions, fees and fund codes.
- Prices and Performance
- Fund Related Documents
Paul Sandhu, President and Chief Executive Officer at Marret Asset Management Inc., describes the foundation of their investment approach, an in-depth analysis of the global macro-economic environment, as well as the firm’s stand-alone fixed-income solutions which span the entire fixed-income spectrum.
Andrew Torres, Founding Partner and Chief Executive Officer at Lawrence Park Asset Management discusses the team’s philosophy which focuses on providing investors with diversification from traditional fixed-income strategies while maintaining low volatility.
Andrew Torres, Founding Partner and CEO of Lawrence Park Asset management, discusses Canada’s liquid alternatives landscape on Asset TV’s Masterclass Series.
- CI Lawrence Park Alternative Investment Grade Credit Strategy
- CI Marret Alternative Absolute Return Bond Strategy
- CI Marret Alternative Enhanced Yield Strategy
- CI Munro Alternative Global Growth Strategy