Founding Partner and Chief Operating Officer
Jonathan is a Founding Partner and Chief Operating Officer at Munro Partners.
Jonathan has performed as an investment director for more than 15 years, developing an intimate knowledge of funds management. His expertise includes Australian Financial Services Licences (AFSL), compliance, disclosure documents, investment management and business operations. In his current role, Jonathan provides oversight of the company’s funds management operations, in addition to fostering a culture of compliance within Australian law and regulation. He is also a director and responsible manager of Munro Asset Management Ltd.
For the last 10 years, Jonathan has worked as an investment manager for two boutique fund managers in equities and venture capital. Prior to 2004, he was a startup advisor to two Australian companies that later went on to feature in BRW’s Fast 100 in four separate years. He has also worked in the U.K. and Australia in financial markets with Australia and New Zealand Banking Group, AXA and Merrill Lynch.
Key highlights in Jonathan’s career include:
- 15 years’ financial services experience
- 10 years of boutique funds management operations experience
- 5 years as Executive Director and founder of Eclipse Funds Limited – holder of AFSL with four registered managed investment schemes
- 5 years as Manager Alternative Investments at SAITeysMcMahon
- Responsible for Munro’s external service providers and fostering a compliance culture with its AFSL obligations.
Jonathan has a Bachelor of Commerce from Deakin University and holds a Graduate Diploma of Finance and Investment. He is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.