The guiding principles of the Harbour investment philosophy are focused on three main qualities:
- Our priority is to protect our investors' capital by incorporating a margin of safety at every level of the investment process.
- The Harbour portfolios are carefully constructed with the objective of steady growth of capital while minimizing volatility and managing risk.
- We believe the best way to make money is not to lose it.
- We seek out high-quality companies with an unbiased view of their potential.
- We like to identify investment opportunities in stable companies with unrealized value that is not recognized by other investors.
- The Harbour funds can differ greatly from the index and have high active share.
- We value our relationship with our investors and view them as long-term partners.
- We are committed to communicating clearly and regularly to ensure that our clients' confidence and expectations mirror our own.
- As investors we work as a team, sharing ideas and insights openly, while taking individual responsibility to deliver strong risk-adjusted returns.